The City Council is currently accepting applications from Ward 1 residents interested in filling a vacancy on the City Council. Applications may be emailed or hand-delivered to City Hall (749 Main Street). Applications and supplemental questions are due April 30th by 2 PM.
- You must reside in Ward 1 and have done so for a minimum of 12 months (see attached map).
- You must be a registered elector.
- The appointed applicant will fill the seat until the November 2014 election. The appointee will be eligible to run in the November 2014 election for the remaining three years of this term.
- An applicant who currently sits on a City board or commission would be required to resign from that board or comission should he/she be appointed to the City Council.
- All information in the application is public record and may be released for public review.
- All applicants will be interviewed by the City Council the evening of May 5th.
If you have any questions, please contact Meredyth Muth (303.335.4536).