Louisville has two off-leash dog parks for your dog's enjoyment. Visit the dog park located in the southeast corner of Community Park at 955 Bella Vista Drive or the dog park on the north end of the Davidson Mesa Open Space at McCaslin Boulevard and Washington Avenue.
Guidelines for Use:
- Hours: Sunrise to Sunset.
- The off leash area may be closed at times to allow the turf to re-establish.
- Dogs that appear to be sick, aggressive, in heat, or without current vaccination are prohibited.
- Puppies under 4 months are prohibited due to parvo virus.
- Please be responsible for cleaning up and properly disposing of dog excrement.
- Dogs must be leashed until safely inside the off leash area and must be leashed before exiting.
- Limit 3 dogs per person. Owners must have a leash for each dog. Dogs may not be left unattended.
- Children must be supervised by an adult.
- Food is not allowed in the off leash area.
- Pond water is reclaimed domestic wastewater and is not suitable for human consumption. Pet owners should make their own determination whether to allow their dogs to swim and drink the water.
- Be considerate of other users. Check with other owners to ensure your dog’s interaction is welcome.
- Always keep an eye on your dog.
- Maintain voice control to prevent any trouble.
- Leash your dog whenever you sense problems.
- Help keep the off-leash area clean.
- Encourage other users to clean up after their pets at all times.
- Minimize loud noises, dogs barking or humans shouting, to prevent disruption to the rest of the park.
For more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 303.335.4735.