The Building Safety Division has adopted the 2018 ICC Buildings Codes. All permits submitted on or after October 10, 2018 must adhere to the 2018 codes. If you would like free access to these codes, please click here.
All deck permits must submit engineered stamped plans at the time of application per our recent adoption of the 2018 ICC Building Codes.
The Building Department no longer requires building permits for like for like window permits. We have amended this requirement with the adoption of the 2018 IRC Code. This amendment is effective now.
- Does My Home Improvement Project Require a Permit?
- Miscellaneous Building Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Commercial and Industrial Building Permit Application
- Demolition Building Permit Application
- Temporary Use Application: Dumpsters, Roll-Offs, Portable Storage Units
- Temporary Use Packet: Construction Trailer, Temporary Signs, Seasonal Sales, Special Events
Plan Review Submittal Checklists
- Residential New Build/Addition Checklist
- Commercial Tenant Finish Checklist
- Commercial New Build/Addition Checklist
- Solar Voltaic Checklist
Water/Sewer Tap Forms
- Residential Fixture Count Form
- Commercial Fixture Count Form
- Water and Sewer Tap Calculation Form
- Wastewater Survey
- Subcontractor Form
- Site Improvement Valuation Worksheet
- Design Criteria
- Building Height Measurement
- Surveying Requirements for Residential Building
- Foundation Setback Certification
- Miscellaneous Permit Building Fees
- Residential Additions & Remodels Building Fees
- Residential New Build Building Fees
- Commercial Tenant Finish Building Fees
- Commercial New Build Building Fees
- Roof Inspection Request Online
- Inspection Handout Form
- If you need to contact us about inspections, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Louisville Municipal Code - Chapter 15, Buildings & Construction
Current Review Times
|Over the counter permits: Click here to see which permits apply.||Anytime|
|Over the counter permits (Tuesdays): Click here to see which permits apply.||Over the counter on Tuesdays only from 8:00am-12:00pm|
Contractor licenses received via e-mail or fax
Contractor licenses received over the counter
Any Residential work with a plan review
|Any Commercial work – including signs and fences||4-6 weeks|
Plan revisions to an existing issued permit
Minimum 1 week
Note: Review times are based on a complete permit submittal. Submittals requiring more information may extend the posted review time.