Louisville Police Recruiting
The hiring process for POST certified and non-certified police officer is currently closed.
NOTE: For those who have applied, all applications are being reviewed and screened. Notifications will be sent out upon completion of this process. Please send me an e-mail with any questions - Cpl. Moleski
Information on the Hiring Process
The Louisville Police Department is always looking for good applicants!
We divide applicants into two categories, POST-certified applicants (regardless of years of experience) and non-POST certified applicants.
Additional information on POST certification can be found here. Colorado Peace Office Standards and Training (POST)
Regardless of which category an applicant falls into the hiring process consists of the following:
- An initial job application that can be submitted to Human Resources from the City's website.
- A written test (pass/fail)
- Oral board interview with members of the Police Department and City.
- Background investigation
- Polygraph interview
- Psychological interview
- Medical Screening
Successful non-POST certified applicants are hired as a Police Cadet and sent through the Flatrock Regional Training Center. The training is about 6 months, during which time the applicant is paid a salary of $49,974.40. Upon successful completion of the academy, the officer will begin field training and be paid as a Police Officer - Step One. (Information on the Pay Scale)
Successful POST certified applicants are hired as a Police Officer - Step One and begin their Field Training shortly after their date of hire.
For further questions regarding the hiring process, to request a ride along, or how to apply, please contact Corporal Sean Moleski by email or by calling 303.335.4668.
To receive notice of upcoming Police Recruiting events or news, sign up for e-notifications here. Select Police Recruiting under calendar and news to receive e-notifications.
Information on the department:
Mission Statement: Ensuring public safety and improving quality of life, in partnership with our community.
Essence: Safety, quality of life, community
Values: We commit our talent and energy to the mission of the Louisville Police Department by consistently demonstrating the following core values:
- Collaborative - We embrace teamwork by coordinating efforts and ideas, being flexible, accessible, and open to change and input. We achieve better outcomes as partners.
- Communicative - We are conduits for meaningful communication. We actively listen and share information, are transparent, and follow through.
- Integrity - We conduct ourselves ethically and honestly, to enhance trust within our organization and the community.
- Leadership - We inspire, motivate, empower, guide, model accountability, and are courageous.
- Preparedness - We invest in our organization's success and are focused on continuous improvement. We provide professional development and training opportunities, stay current on industry trends and technology, strive for innovation, and serve as proactive problem solvers.
- Respect - We are open-minded, appreciate diversity, and value the rights of all people.