2019 Louisville Cultural Council Art Grants
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm
The Louisville Cultural Council (LCC) is offering art grants to artists and arts organizations serving the Louisville community. The art grant program provides financial and facility support to projects which utilize the arts as their primary means of expression. In awarding these grants, the Louisville Cultural Council seeks to further their mission of engaging our diverse social, cultural, and creative community. Diversity of media and creative artistic expression is encouraged.
You can view the application at the links below.
Download PDF Form > 2019 LCC ART GRANT APPLICATION Form
Download Word Document> 2019 LCC ART GRANT APPLICATION
Questions about the application or the Art Grant Program? Please call or email Katie Zoss, Cultural Arts and Special Events Coordinator, 303.335.4581, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Louisville Cultural Council Art Grant Program
- Programs must primarily focus on artistic expression or arts education.
- Projects must take place in Louisville, Colorado.
- Special consideration will be given to artists and organizations based in Louisville, CO.
- Any individual or organization may apply. Organizations do not need to have 501c(3) status to apply.
- All projects must take place between March 1, 2019 and February 29, 2020.
- The application must be received by 5pm on Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Applications will be evaluated by the Louisville Cultural Council. LCC members may reach out to applicants via phone or email with additional questions. Evaluation criteria includes but is not limited to:
- Community reach/Number of people served
- Adds program diversity(subject matter, artistic discipline, etc.)
- Reaches underserved audiences
- Merit of the program or event
- Demonstrated ability of the applicant to execute the program
Funding: Applicants may request up to $1,500 in funding.
Performance Space: Applicants may request one complimentary day of use of the Louisville Center for the Art or Steinbaugh Pavilion (new for 2019).Dates may be reserved on a first come, first served basis once grantees have been notified of their award.
Rehearsal Space: is not guaranteed as part of the grant award. However, one additional complimentary day for rehearsal may be awarded if a mutually agreeable date is available. Additional time for rehearsal or additional performances is subject to normal rental fees.See http://www.louisvilleco.gov/residents/arts-events/louisville-center-for-the-arts or http://www.louisvilleco.gov/residents/steinbaugh-pavilion for more information.
Marketing: The Louisville Cultural Council will assist with distribution of promotional materials such as posters and listing on the City Arts and Events Calendar. Grant recipients must provide copies of materials 6 weeks prior to their event. All materials must include the LCC logo or listing the Louisville Cultural Council as a sponsor.
Grant Recipient Responsibilities
Grant recipients are the producers and presenters of their projects. As such, they are responsible for all aspects of executing the project including but not limited to:
- Any technical or A/V needs of the project
- All advertising and promotion of the event
Grant recipients may charge admission and keep all ticket revenues.
Grant recipients must complete and submit a post-event Art Grant Evaluation within 60 days of the event/program to be eligible for future program funding consideration.