Louisville has two off-leash dog options for recreating off-leash with your dog.
Community Park Dog Park: Located in the southeast corner at 955 Bella Vista Drive
Davidson Mesa Open Space Dog Off-leash area: North side at McCaslin Boulevard and Washington Avenue.The Davidson Mesa Dog Off-Leash area may experience temporary closures for routine maintenance or due to unfavorable wet or muddy conditions. These closures are for the protection of our natural resources in addition to the safety of our canine and human users. Information on closures can be obtained by signing up for e-notifications, following us on Facebook, calling the HOWL line at 303.335.HOWL (4695) or from the signs located at the entrance to the off-leash area. Please contact the Ranger Naturalists with any questions at 720.428.0061 or email@example.com
Rules & Regulations:
- HOURS AT COMMUNITY PARK DOG PARK: 6:00 AM TO 10:00 PM / HOURS AT DAVIDSON MESA OFF-LEASH AREA: ONE HOUR BEFORE SUNRISE TO ONE HOUR AFTER SUNSET.
- ALL DOG OWNERS ARE REQUIRED TO CLEAN UP AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF DOG EXCREMENT.
- Food prohibited.
- Puppies under 4 months prohibited.
- Children 12 and younger must be supervised by an adult.
- The off-leash area may be closed at any time with or without notification.
- Dogs that appear sick, aggressive, in heat, or without current vaccination prohibited.
- Dogs must be leashed until safely inside and upon exit of the dog off-leash area.
- Limit 3 dogs per person. Owners must have a leash for each dog. Dogs must not be left unattended.
- Wildlife may be present. Dogs and dog owners cannot chase or disturb wildlife.
- Applies to Community Park - Pond water is reclaimed wastewater and is not suitable for human consumption. Pet owners should make their own determination whether to permit their dogs to swim and drink the water.
- Be considerate of others. Check to ensure interaction is welcome.
- Minimize loud noises, dogs barking or humans shouting, to prevent disruption to others, especially neighbors.
- Encourage users to clean up after their pets.
- Leash your dog whenever you sense problems.
- Maintain voice control.
- Always keep an eye on your dog.
- Please help us keep the dog off-leash areas SAFE and Sanitary.
Note: Dogs must be on leash in all other areas of the City and DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE IN THE LEON WURL WILDLIFE SANCTUARY AROUND HARPER LAKE. Failure to follow Rules & Regulations may result in a fine up to $2,650. Louisville Municipal Code, Section 1.28.010
For more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 303.335.4735.