OPEN SPACE MISSION: To conserve and restore Open Space through land acquisition and management for the protection of natural and cultural resources and provide opportunities for education, volunteering and appropriate passive recreation.
OPEN SPACE VISION: An Open Space program funded for future generations that enriches the experience of living in Louisville by providing opportunities for citizens to reconnect with nature and their cultural heritage while also enhancing their mental and physical well-being.
The City owns or has an interest in 2,000 acres of open lands that serve a wide variety of values. Each open space property is designated with one or more classifications; Preserve, Protect, Visitor, and Other. These lands provide visual buffers between local municipalities and support many species of wildlife and diverse plant communities.
The City's trail system meanders through some of these open space parcels, such as Davidson Mesa, Coyote Run, Lake Park, and the Leon A. Wurl Wildlife Sanctuary, to name just a few. Another important mission of the Open Space Division is to preserve Louisville's agricultural backdrop by maintaining private farming in more rural areas.
- Open Space Educational/Volunteer Opportunities
- Geocache Notebook for Davidson Mesa Open Space
- Open Space Rules & Regulations
- Report Coyote Conflicts
- Adopt an Open Space
- Weed Management & Herbicide Guide
- Memorial Tree and Bench Program
- Plans & Reports
- Volume I - Open Space Master Plan for Louisville Owned Parcels
- Volume II - Jointly Owned Open Space Management Plan of the Louisville Open Space
This plan covers all property the City jointly owns with Boulder County and/or the City of Lafayette.
- ESCO 2001 & 2008 Bird Survey
- ESCO 2015 Bird Survey
- ESCO 2016 Bird Survey
- ESCO Prairie Dog Report
- Integrated Weed Management Plan
- Coyote Run Open Space Landslide Preliminary Evaluation
|Boyd, Polly||Senior Administrative Assistant||Parks & Recreation||(303) 335-4735|
|Brignull, Ember||Open Space Manager||Parks & Recreation||(303) 335-4729|
|Jepson, Catherine||Open Space Specialist||Parks & Recreation||(303) 335-4742|
|Pierce, Kevin||Open Space Technician III||Parks & Recreation||(303) 335-4743|
|Stevens, Joe||Director of Parks & Recreation||Parks & Recreation||(303) 335-4731|