In May 2016, the City of Louisville signed a Memorandum of Understanding to participate in Xcel Energy's Partners in Energy offering for two years. Through a facilitated engagement process in partnership with Xcel Energy, the City developed the Louisville Energy Action Plan, as well as the Louisville Energy Stars brand for programs that promote energy efficiency and support the City’s Sustainability Action Plan.
The City of Louisville's Energy Stars program developed in partnership with Xcel Energy's Partners in Energy encourages energy efficiency and renewable energy, leverages resources, and benefits the economic vitality, environmental health, and well-being of the community through the following strategies:
- Large Business Outreach
- Grow the Green Business Program
- Increase Residential Participation in Priority Areas
- City Showcase - Integrate Energy Efficiency in City Facilities
- City Showcase - Share Information
From August 2016 to January 2017, a planning team consisting of City, Boulder County, and local businesses and organizational members participated in several workshops to develop the contents of the City's Energy Action Plan alongside representatives from Xcel Energy. As an outcome of this plan, the City's goal is to reduce total energy use by 1% annually, which could result in reducing total energy use by 11% over the 2015 baseline by 2027.
The planning team identified three core areas (commercial/industrial, residential, and municipal) to focus on to help achieve the City's goal and identified several ongoing, immediate, and long-term actions to accomplish these strategies. The strategies are kicking off now with implementation teams composed of community members, businesses, and City employees with support by Xcel Energy to stay on track and achieve the overall energy reduction goal.
- View the Louisville Energy Stars Flyer to learn more about resources to help residents and businesses create a sustainable future. Do you have a child in BVSD in Louisville? Be watching for a school kit to come home this Fall. The school kits will contain this flier, along with some special money-saving tips, tools, and resources for you to use at home!
- Xcel Energy Residential Rebate Summary Sheet
- Xcel Energy Business Program Summary
- See the Louisville Sustainability Page for more great resources on how to save money at home and at your business!