Police Department, 992 West Via Appia
The men and women of the Louisville Police Department serve this Denver metro suburban community of 19,000. Dispatching for the Department is handled through the Boulder Regional Communications Center which provides emergency dispatch services for most of the agencies in Boulder County.Our community has a healthy balance of residential, retail, business and light manufacturing. There are five medium sized hotels with approximately 500 rooms. The Louisville City Council 's number one goal is to maintain Louisville as a safe city. Louisville has one of the lowest crime rates in Colorado for Cities with more than 10,000 residents.
*Special Event: The Police Department will host Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement - A Guide for Officers and their Families on the following dates:
- November 1, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for police personnel only
- November 1, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm for police family members only
- November 10, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for police personnel only
Click here to learn more. The sign-up deadline is October 27.
- Finger prints are done by appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 11-1 pm. To make an appointment please call the Records Division at 303.335.4667, 303.335.4631, or 303.335.4694. Once an appointment has been set you will receive a confirmation email with the date and time and the below mentioned instructions.
- The cost for finger printing is $10 for residents and $15 for non-residents. We only accept exact cash or check made out to the City of Louisville. We DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. Correct payment will be received prior to the fingerprints being done.
- You need to bring:
- a photo ID
- a fingerprint card with the appropriate CRS code (If you are Volunteering or seeking employment for the Boulder Valley School District there is no need to obtain a card)
- Free Bike Registration, available Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
Patrol and Investigations
Uniformed patrol officers respond to calls for service and request for citizen assistance. Approximately one-half of a patrol officer's time is spent working on non-criminal cases, e.g. lost children, medical emergencies, traffic accidents, etc. Patrol officers are also responsible for the enforcement of traffic law, some code enforcement, and crime prevention presentations.
Detectives conduct follow-up investigations of deaths, assaults, child abuse, sexual assaults, robberies, burglaries, serious thefts, frauds, credit card and check crimes, arson, fugitives, serious vandalism, and drug offenses.
Louisville has one K-8 parochial school three elementary schools, one middle school, one K-8, and one high school. Three patrol officers are assigned full-time to work with the City's youth and schools. In addition, other patrol officers work part-time with youth. Our philosophy is that we work closely with the schools as police officers, not as counselors or security guards. We do a number of different public safety and instructional programs.
This division enforces the municipal code. It includes dealing with parking, junked vehicles, uncontrolled weeds, and stray dogs. Code officers work with residents and the business community to achieve compliance with City ordinances. Because voluntary compliance is always preferable to punitive enforcement, the department implemented its Courtesy Notice program in 1994. The results are impressive: more code violations than ever are being detected and cited, while the proportion of voluntary compliance is higher.
|Albrent, Ashley||Records Technician||Police||(303) 335-4631|
|Fisher, Jeff||Police Commander||Police||(303) 335-4635|
|Fitzgibbons, Patrick||Administrative Corporal||Police||(303) 335-4665|
|Hayes, David||Police Chief||Police||(303) 335-4633|
|Hinz, Dave||Administrative Sergeant||Police||(303) 335-4657|
|Keller, Cheryl||Senior Administrative Assistant||Police||(303) 335-4634|
|McCausey, Gene||Operations Commander||Police||(303) 335-4651|
|Miller, Mike||Operations Sergeant||Police||(303) 335-4669|
|Moleski, Sean||Officer/Department Recruiter||Police||(303) 335-4668|