Louisville Police Recruiting
The Police Department is currently hiring and accepting applications until March 30, 2017 at 9 am. Click here to learn more.
Mission Statement: Ensuring public safety and improving quality of life, in partnership with our community.
Essence: Safety, quality of life, community
Values: We commit our talent and energy to the mission of the Louisville Police Department by consistently demonstrating the following core values:
- Collaborative - We embrace teamwork by coordinating efforts and ideas, being flexible, accessible, and open to change and input. We achieve better outcomes as partners.
- Communicative - We are conduits for meaningful communication. We actively listen and share information, are transparent, and follow through.
- Integrity - We conduct ourselves ethically and honestly, to enhance trust within our organization and the community.
- Leadership - We inspire, motivate, empower, guide, model accountability, and are courageous.
- Preparedness - We invest in our organization's success and are focused on continuous improvement. We provide professional development and training opportunities, stay current on industry trends and technology, strive for innovation, and serve as proactive problem solvers.
- Respect - We are open-minded, appreciate diversity, and value the rights of all people.
The Louisville Police Department is always looking for good applicants! The hiring process typically consists of the following:
- An initial job application that can be submitted to Human Resources from the City's website, or at www.governmentjobs.com.
- A written test
- An oral board interview with members of the Police Department and City.
- A background investigation
- A polygraph interview
- A psychological interview
Successful applicants who do not currently hold a Colorado Peace Office Standards and Training (POST) certificate will be hired as a Police Cadet and sent through the Flatrock Regional Training Center before beginning Field Training. Successful applicants who are POST certified at the time of hire will be hired as a Police Officer and begin their Field Training shortly after their date of hire.
Please note that applicants are not required to attend Flatrock Regional Training Center to be considered. An applicant who has successfully graduated from a Colorado POST approved law enforcement academy and has been awarded a POST certificate may be considered.
For further questions regarding the hiring process or how to apply, please contact Officer Sean Moleski by email or by calling 303.335.4668.
To receive notice of upcoming Police Recruiting events or news, sign up for e-notifications here. Select Police Recruiting under calendar and news to receive e-notifications.