The Louisville Water Treatment Division handles all water treatment for the City through its two treatment plants. Water is provided for residents from South Boulder Creek and the Northern Colorado Water Conservation District.
The Annual Louisville Water Quality Report and the Water Quality Parameters are available for you to review. Additional information about water quality testing is also available from NSF International.
To learn more about Louisville's water, read our Frequently Asked Questions. If you would like more information about the water treatment process or would like to arrange a tour of the facilities, please contact Terrell Phillips at 303.335.4783.
The following sites will give you additional information on water treatment, stream flow, and other water related topics.
- The Environmental Protection Agency homepage's Key Topic List - water, will direct you to EPA information on watersheds, regulations, and educational material.
- The EPA also offers information on water standards and water treatment science at its Drinking Water Health Advisories page.
- The American Water Works Association homepage under Consumer Water Center will answer questions, lead you to sources for information, and give a brief history of drinking water.
- Colorado Stream Flow Data gives access to the flow of state streams and rivers.
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control District's homepage lets you retrieve live weather monitoring information and predicts bad weather and flood warnings for the metro area.
- Colorado Lake and Reservoir Management Association is dedicated to preserving the quality of the lakes and reservoirs around the state.
- On the Water Environment Federation's homepage under Education and Outreach will give you information on the treating of wastewater and protections in place to assure stream and river water quality.
- The Climate Prediction Center gives the monthly or yearly outlook for the United States precipitation and drought situations.
- The Colorado Rural Water Association's homepage gives access to several information sites. Rural water works with small communities to help with operator certification and water or wastewater systems operations.
The Wastewater Division handles the treatment of all wastewater for Louisville.
- Guide to Maintaining Stormwater (for homeowners Associations and Property Owners)
- Industrial Pretreatment Program
- Wastewater Plant Process
- Recreational Vehicle Dump Station
- Reuse/Reclaimed Water
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment Compliance Inspection Report
If you would like information on the wastewater division or would like to arrange a tour of the facilities, please contact Terrell Phillips at 303.335.4783.
|After Hours Emergency Phone Number||City Council, City Manager's Office, Public Works||(303) 441-4444|
|Kowar, Kurt||Director of Public Works||Public Works||(303) 335-4601||KurtK@LouisvilleCO.gov|
|Phillips, Terrell||Water and Wastewater Superintendent||Public Works||(303) 335-4783||TPhillips@LouisvilleCO.gov|