Sunrise at Davidson Mesa Dog Park
The Huckleberry
Cold walk at Harper Lake
5-24-06 Community Park 300 dpi
Bronze Metaphor
Looking Out over Louisville
Night Lights

About Us

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

 

The Miners Memorial statue in front of City Hall is a symbol of the history of the people who built Louisville - the coal miners. In August 1877, the Welch Mine opened in Louisville, the first of many coal mines to come. Louis Nawatny, a local landowner, platted his land and named it for himself. The Town of Louisville was incorporated on June 16, 1882.

Today the City of Louisville is often recognized for its livability. Many things contribute to this exemplary quality of life and positive economic condition, including 1,700 acres of open space, dozens of great eateries, a thriving arts scene, great schools, wonderful neighborhoods and a diverse mix of employment opportunities. To learn more about Louisville, read our Community Profile.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer