Visit LouisvilleCO.gov/COVID19 for the full details on City facilities reopening plans.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of public health guidance for in-person events, information will change. Please check the calendar before attending any City events. Event cancellations and information for joining public meetings that are available online are available on this calendar
Louisville Cultural Council Art Grant Application Deadline
- Date: 01/14/2020 5:00 PM - 5:01 PM
The Louisville Cultural Council (LCC) offers art grants to artists and arts organizations serving the Louisville community. The art grant program provides financial and facility support to projects which utilize the arts as their primary means of expression. In awarding these grants, the Louisville Cultural Council seeks to further their mission of engaging our diverse social, cultural, and creative community. Diversity of media and creative artistic expression is encouraged.
You may download the application and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the online form:
- Email / Print application (PDF) Please download, save, and fill in the PDF form.
- Online Form You may fill in and submit your form online. We recommend typing out your answers in advance and copying and pasting your answers into the online form. Please note that the online form has limited formatting, so please type using plain text, without bold, underline, bullets, etc.
Questions about the application or the Art Grant Program? Please call or email Katie Zoss, Cultural Arts and Special Events Coordinator, 303.335.4581, email@example.com.
- Programs must primarily focus on artistic expression or arts education.
- Projects must take place in Louisville, Colorado.
- Special consideration will be given to artists and organizations based in Louisville, CO.
- Any individual or organization may apply. Organizations do not need to have 501c(3) status to apply.
- All projects must take place between March 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021.
Applications will be evaluated by the Louisville Cultural Council. Evaluation criteria includes but is not limited to:
- Merit of the program or event: Is the proposed program of high artistic quality or significance to the Louisville community?
- Ability to Execute:Does the application demonstrate that the applicant will be able to execute the program if funding is awarded?
- Community reach: Does the project reach the Louisville community in a meaningful way: through the number of audience members, engaging new audiences, or reaching audiences that lack access to similar programs?
- Diversity: Does the topic of the program or artistic expression bring increased diversity to Louisville?
- Need for Funding: In order for this project to be successful in Louisville, will the project fully utilize the funding and/or the use of City venues available through this grant program?
- Artistic discipline: When looking at the overall mix of projects funded through the Art Grant Program, consideration will be given to funding projects across a variety of artistic disciplines including both visual and performing arts. This item is not scored, but may be used in determining the overall mix of programs funded.
Funding: Applicants may request up to $1,500 in funding.
Performance Space: Applicants may request one complimentary day of use of the Louisville Center for the Art or Steinbaugh Pavilion. Dates may be reserved on a first come, first served basis once grantees have been notified of their award.
Rehearsal Space: is not guaranteed as part of the grant award. However, one additional complimentary day for rehearsal may be awarded if a mutually agreeable date is available. Additional time for rehearsal or additional performances is subject to normal rental fees.See http://www.louisvilleco.gov/residents/arts-events/louisville-center-for-the-arts or http://www.louisvilleco.gov/residents/steinbaugh-pavilion for more information.