The Building Safety Division has adopted the 2018 ICC Buildings Codes. If you would like free access to these codes, please click here.
All deck permits must submit engineered stamped plans at the time of application per our recent adoption of the 2018 ICC Building Codes.
Click here to apply online for residential over the counter permits (includes a/c, furnace, water heater, roofing, siding, sewer/water repair, and MEPs) and contractor licenses!
- Does My Home Improvement Project Require a Permit?
- Miscellaneous Building Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Commercial and Industrial Building Permit Application
- Demolition Building Permit Application
- Temporary Use Application: Dumpsters, Roll-Offs, Portable Storage Units
- Temporary Use Packet: Construction Trailer, Seasonal Sales, Special Events
Plan Review Submittal Checklists
- Residential New Build/Addition Checklist
- Commercial Tenant Finish/New Build/Addition Checklist
- Mine Hazards Map
- To see the undermined areas and depth range for the mines, go to our map, and add the map filters "Mined Area" and "Mine Depth"
- Solar Voltaic Checklist
Water/Sewer Tap Forms
- Residential Fixture Count Form
- Commercial Fixture Count Form
- Water and Sewer Tap Calculation Form
- Proposed Water and Sewer Tap Fee Increase Information
- Wastewater Survey
- Subcontractor Form
- Site Improvement Valuation Worksheet
- Design Criteria
- Building Height Measurement
- Surveying Requirements for Residential Building
- Foundation Setback Certification
- Miscellaneous Permit Building Fees
- Residential Additions & Remodels Building Fees
- Residential New Build Building Fees
- Commercial Tenant Finish Building Fees
- Commercial New Build Building Fees
- Inspection Handout Form
- Click here to see Today's Scheduled Inspections
- Mid Roof Inspections Handout
Louisville Municipal Code - Chapter 15, Buildings & Construction
Current Review Times
|Over the counter permits: Click here to see which permits apply.||Anytime|
|Over the counter permits (Tuesdays): Click here to see which permits apply.||Over the counter on Tuesdays only from 8:00am-12:00pm|
Contractor licenses received via e-mail or fax
Contractor licenses received over the counter
|Solar permits||3 weeks|
Any Residential work with a plan review
|Any Commercial work – including signs and fences||4-6 weeks|
Plan revisions to an existing issued permit
Minimum 1 week
Note: Review times are based on a complete permit submittal. Submittals requiring more information may extend the posted review time.