Effective March 16, 2020, City Hall is closed to the public and staff members in an effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We continue to provide essential services and are conducting non-essential services remotely if possible. Planning and Building Safety staff will be working remotely during this time. We encourage you to contact us by email for the quickest response.
Building Permit Applications/Plan Reviews
We will only accept electronic permits submittals during this time. Please go to our online portal to apply online or click here for more information. Existing paper plans will be reviewed in the order we received them and must be paid for before they can be picked up. You will receive further instructions by staff on how to pick these hard copy permit/plans from City Hall when it is time to do so.
All permit fees will be paid online through our online portal.
If you have any questions about the online portal, please contact Liz at email@example.com.
The City is restricting on-site inspections during this time in an effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Remote inspections may be possible for some inspection types. If you request an inspection, a city staff member will contact you the following business day to discuss your inspection details. To request an inspection, you may do it through our online portal or call the inspection line at 303-335-4583.
If you need to cancel an inspection, please email the Building Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Inspections and Limited Inspections
- Per the Colorado Public Health Order 20-24, the Building Department will not do inspections on commercial buildings that are not considered a critical business.
- No in person interior inspections of existing and occupied structures until further notice. We will use Zoom, Skype and Face Time to do limited inspections.
- Inspections of new construction projects will continue on a limited case by case basis. Inspectors will only enter structures that are deemed safe at the sole discretion of the inspector. Confined spaces will not be inspected.
- Inspectors must be able to maintain a minimum distance of six feet (6’) from all other persons during the duration of the inspection.
- Video inspections will take place on buildings that are occupied or required by the inspector. We will use Zoom, Skype, Face Time as the media for the inspections.
- Building plans must be outside in an area protected from the weather for the inspector to review. Hand sanitizer and sanitary wipes must be on-site for the inspectors and contractors to use.
Planning and Zoning Information
This city will continue to process planning and zoning cases remotely, however, all public hearings have been cancelled through the end of March. You may continue to work with your case planner or email email@example.com regarding new applications.
If you need to contact us, please email us at the information below:
Planning/Zoning Questions and Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permit Technician: Julie Burgener, email@example.com
Permit Technician/Online Portal Questions: Liz Schettler, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Building Safety Division has adopted the 2018 ICC Buildings Codes. If you would like free access to these codes, please click here.
All deck permits must submit engineered stamped plans at the time of application per our adoption of the 2018 ICC Building Codes.
Click here to apply online for residential over the counter permits (includes a/c, furnace, water heater, roofing, siding, sewer/water repair, and MEPs) and contractor licenses!
- Does My Home Improvement Project Require a Permit?
- Miscellaneous Building Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Commercial and Industrial Building Permit Application
- Demolition Building Permit Application
- Temporary Use Application: Dumpsters, Roll-Offs, Portable Storage Units
- Temporary Use Packet: Construction Trailer, Seasonal Sales, Special Events
Plan Review Submittal Checklists
- Residential New Build/Addition Checklist
- Commercial Tenant Finish/New Build/Addition Checklist
- Mine Hazards Map
- To see the undermined areas and depth range for the mines, go to our map, and add the map filters "Mined Area" and "Mine Depth"
- Solar Voltaic Checklist
Water/Sewer Tap Forms
- Residential Fixture Count Form
- Commercial Fixture Count Form
- Must be stamped by engineer
- Water and Sewer Tap Calculation Form
- Proposed Water and Sewer Tap Fee Increase Information
- Wastewater Survey
- Changes to Plans Drop Off Form
- Subcontractor Form
- Site Improvement Valuation Worksheet
- Design Criteria
- Building Height Measurement
- Surveying Requirements for Residential Building
- Foundation Setback Certification
- Miscellaneous Permit Building Fees
- Residential Additions & Remodels Building Fees
- Residential New Build Building Fees
- Commercial Tenant Finish Building Fees
- Commercial New Build Building Fees
- Inspection Handout Form
- Click here to see Today's Scheduled Inspections
- Inspection Affidavits (COVID-19)
- Re-Roof Requirements
- Wind Load Requirements
- Mid Roof Inspections
Louisville Municipal Code - Chapter 15, Buildings & Construction
Current Review Times
|Over the counter permits: Click here to see which permits apply.||Anytime|
|Over the counter permits (Tuesdays): Click here to see which permits apply.||Over the counter on Tuesdays only from 8:00am-12:00pm|
Contractor licenses received via e-mail or fax
Contractor licenses received over the counter
|Solar permits||3 weeks|
Any Residential work with a plan review
|Any Commercial work – including signs and fences||4-6 weeks|
Plan revisions to an existing issued permit
Minimum 1 week
Note: Review times are based on a complete permit submittal. Submittals requiring more information may extend the posted review time.