Thursdays this summer in Louisville Community Park, 955 Bella Vista Dr
6:30-8:15 PM, free and open to the public
Featuring great summer music and food trucks: fun for the whole family!
Louisville's Summer Concerts in the Park are proudly presented by the Louisville Cultural Council.
2019 Summer Concerts in the Park
June 20: Hazel Miller Band
Opening set by Estella Dawn
Hazel will bring a big band and her usual soul, blues and rock.
Scheduled food trucks include: Comida, Cousins Kitchen, Tibet's, Turn-in BBQ, The Peak Popcorn, Sweet Cow and Kona Ice
June 27: Bonfire Dub with Bridget Law
Opening Set by Ultralofi
Bonfire Dub plays roots music—original songs with rich melodies, acoustic laced and electric steel driven reggae, folk, and dub. Bridget Law (from Elephant Revival) is a special guest on fiddle.
July 11: ZiMBiRA
Opening Set by Brian Juan
ZiMBiRA brings an international flair with fun, danceable Afropop/Afrofusion tunes and internationally-renown guitarist Zivinai Masano.
July 18: Face Vocal Band
Opening set by Julia Knearl
Face is an internationally acclaimed all-vocal rock band that has been captivating audiences for over a decade—and several members of the band live right here in Louisville!
July 25: Knot Rock
Opening set by Felonius Smith Trio
Get ready to groove as Knot Rock brings out the smooth 70’s and 80’s “Yacht Rock” hits.
Summer Concerts in the Park FAQs
- Are dogs allowed? Yes! Please keep them on a leash.
- Where are restrooms? Restrooms are located on the North side of the pavilion at park. Drinking fountains are located near the picnic tables.
- Can I bring a picnic? Yes! No glass, please.
- Where can I read a list of park rules? Our goal is to have the Thursday night Concerts in the Park be a fun, laid-back, family-friendly event. Park rules can be found here: http://www.louisvilleco.gov/home/showdocument?id=23053
- Are food trucks available? Yes! We generally have around 5 food trucks available: 3-4 dinner options and 2 dessert options.
- Are chairs allowed? Yes! Chairs and blankets are allowed. We do not currently have any height restrictions or designated seating areas for blankets vs. chairs. Please be conscientious of other concert-goers if you are bringing tall chairs and look for a spot that does not block the view of others.
- How should I get there?
- Ride your Bike or Walk to the Summer Concerts! Visit the Commuting Solutions interactive bike map at https://commutingsolutions.org/bike/bikemap to plan your next ride! The interactive map shows the US 36 Bikeway and other routes throughout the City and provides details on what type of infrastructure (i.e. on-street bike lane, multi-use path) is available. Walking and riding your bike is a fun way to get to the concert, provides great exercise, and prevents the hassle of finding parking.
- If you need to drive the small Community Park parking lot off Bella Vista is reserved for food trucks, musicians, and limited handicapped parking (approximately 10 spaces). Please show your handicapped parking placard to the volunteer parking attendant to park in this lot. The Community Park parking lot off Front Street has 3 handicapped spaces and 46 open spaces. Both parking lots fill early. Additional parking is available in the neighborhoods surrounding the park. Please be careful to park only in legal spots and not to block driveways. Keep in mind that you may be parked several blocks away, so allow time to walk from your parking spot to the concert. Or, better yet--ride your bike or walk to the concerts when possible!
- What happens if it rains? We hope for good weather! Afternoon storms and rain are common, but as long as there is no lightning or rain during the actual concert, we try to continue as planned. Storms in the afternoon make for spectacular sunsets! Any weather delays or cancellations will be posted at www.louisvilleco.gov and on social media via the City of Louisville Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleCO/ and the Louisville Cultural Council Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/artslcc. A rain date is scheduled for August 1.
Musicians: All headliners for the 2019 concerts have been booked as of 12/27/18 and opening acts as of 4/18/19. If you are interested in being considered for future years, please email Katie Zoss at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a link to a sample of your music. Special consideration is given to local Louisville musicians. Due to the quick turnaround between the opener and headliner, small groups including solo performers and duos are preferred.