City Clerk’s Office provides specialized administrative services to the city. The City Clerk serves as clerk to the City Council, working with city departments to schedule and create City Council agendas and meeting minutes.
The Clerk conducts municipal elections, coordinates City boards and commissions and administers the City's liquor and marijuana licensing program. The office also preserves and provides access to official and historical city records and oversees the implementation of open government and transparency regulations. Please contact us with any questions or comments.
LICENSING & PERMITTING
PUBLIC INFORMATION/RECORDS REQUEST
SPECIAL EVENT PERMITS
- Special Event/Street Closure Permit Application
- Block Party Permit Application
- Live Music Permits - Required for Live Music performances in residential zoned areas
You can use the site to browse or search for records. When searching for a phrase or a date, we recommend using quotes. For example, "North End" or "May 8 2014". Also note, a comma is not required in a date search. If you can't find what you're looking for, please submit a Public Information Request Form.
- Digital Records
- City Council Records
- Board and Commission Records
- Louisville Municipal Code
- Municipal Records Retention Schedule