The November 5, 2019 election will include a City Council election for Louisville. There may be one or more Louisville ballot issues and/or questions on the ballot in addition to City Council seats.
For information about registering to vote, please visit the Boulder County Elections page.
If you are interested in running for office, please review the 2019 Candidate Guide. All of the necessary forms and filing dates are included in the packet.
2019 City Council Seats Up for Election:
- Mayor (at-large), November 2019 – November 2023
- Ward I Councilmember, November 2019 – November 2023
- Ward II Councilmember, November 2019 – November 2023
- Ward Ill Councilmember, November 2019 – November 2023
To determine in which ward you live, please check this map. The Mayor and Councilmembers are limited to two consecutive four-year terms.
Qualifications to run for Mayor of City Council:
- Citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age
- Registered to vote in the City of Louisville
- Resident of Louisville and the Ward for one year immediately prior to the election
Steps to verify any or all candidate qualifications will occur after petition submittal
IF you have questions about the City Council election process, please contact the City Clerk at 303.335.4536 or MeredythM@LouisvilleCO.gov.